Latest Blog: THE G.O.A.T. - 08/01/2022
CLIENT SERVICES ASSOCIATE / PARAPLANNER
- FUND ACCOUNTANT AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER SANTA MONICA, CA CLIENT SERVICES ASSOCIATE / PARAPLANNER HOUSTON, TX
CLIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE / PARAPLANNER
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE RESPONSES TO THE FOUR QUESTIONS BELOW IN YOUR COVER LETTER. PLEASE COMBINE COVER LETTER AND RESUME INTO ONE FILE.
Angeles Wealth Management (“AWM”) is one of the fastest-growing investment advisory firms in the country with offices located in New York City, Santa Monica, Chicago and Houston.
Angeles Wealth is the private client affiliate of Angeles Investment Advisors, an institutional investment advisory firm with over $47.8 billion in total assets, including approximately $8.7 billion in discretionary assets. Angeles Wealth Management provides wealthy families and individuals with access to both an institutional-quality investment process and robust wealth advisory services. These include goals-based financial planning, trust services through Angeles Wealth Private Trust, and philanthropic consulting via our Angeles Philanthropic Families service.
AWM is hiring a Client Service Associate / Paraplanner in our office in Houston, Texas. This is an in-office position five days a week to support the growth of AWM’s Houston footprint and involves close work with colleagues in all offices whether New York City, Santa Monica, or Chicago.
The job applicant should be comfortable administering deliverables to clients related to central-office tasks such as client onboarding and maintenance. The job applicant’s paraplanning responsibilities are to support the firm’s Client Advisors and financial planning process by conducting client research, preparing for client meetings, and providing ongoing service/maintenance to clients.
The Client Service Associate / Paraplanner will join the Angeles Wealth Management team to assist Client Advisors (across all offices) as well as the Director of Client Service (located in New York City) with all aspects of operations, client service, and financial planning. Activities within the Houston office being the primary responsibility.
Candidate must be a team player and be capable of handling multiple assignments simultaneously. Candidate should be willing to take initiative to improve processes and workflows.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with all aspects of operations including the onboarding of new client relationships and preparation of necessary account documentation. This includes ongoing document requests, monitoring daily account alerts and communicating details to Client Advisors about matters related to their client relationships.
- Serve as primary contact for financial planning matters and work directly with Client Advisors to provide comprehensive financial plans to clients across all AWM offices with the use of MoneyGuidePro.
- Help facilitate the entire onboarding process related to new client relationships within our reporting system (Envestnet Tamarac).
- Facilitate client requested money movement and the transfer of cash and securities between internal accounts.
- The qualified candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the financial services industry with an interest in wealth management and financial planning. Candidate must have experience working in a highly detail-oriented environment and a track record of accomplishing tasks with precision under a short deadline. Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills are required, as well as Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Prior work with MoneyGuidePro or similar financial planning software a plus but not required.
- Prior work with Charles Schwab (custodian) and Envestnet Tamarac (reporting system) a plus but not required.
Salary based on experience. Health and 401(k) benefits, and discretionary annual bonus included.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements stated herein to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be sure to include responses to the four questions below in your cover letter.
1. What is the most important quality you are looking for in your new position?
2. Why are you interested in working at Angeles Wealth Management?
3. Administering client-related tasks such as money movement and paperwork requires attention to detail. Please give an example of successfully fulfilling a complex client request and an example of troubleshooting a problem and the related solution.
4. In this role, you will be required to work with multiple professionals across our advisor and investment teams, in addition to direct interaction with vendors and clients. Please describe your experience multi-tasking while maintaining focus on the details of the task at hand.
We strive build portfolios of best-in-class investment managers across all asset classes. If you would like to be considered for our portfolios, please contact us using our manager inquiries form.
- MANAGER INQUIRIES
SUBSCRIBE TO ANGELES' INSIGHTS
Get the latest investment information and stay on top of market trends.
555 SANTA MONICA BLVD ,
SANTA MONICA, CA 90401
333 PARK AVENUE ,
NEW YORK, NY 10152
444 D. MICHIGAN AVE ,
CHICAGO, IL 60611